despite what you might have heard, its not easy being three. i firmly believe that three is the new two. ;)
let it be known that when you're three, one of the main avenues of communication just so happens to be crying. sometimes tears are warranted, but most often that's just not the case. many times i have to laugh, otherwise we'd both end up in tears - ha! i read this post the other day and thought it might be interesting (and possibly a little humorous) to document some of the events that cause such emotional turmoil on a daily basis for my precious three year old. :)
reasons why my three year old is crying….
i gave her captain crunch in the car. after she asked for captain crunch.
i didn't enter her secret house through the right door. (aka going around the right side of the pillow instead of the left)
her teeth were squeaky.
her sister called her a pinecone (thanks, sheriff callie)
the my little pony wouldn't look the right way.
i wouldn't let her have smores goldfish for breakfast (even though she technically doesn't even LIKE smores goldfish…)
her pillow wouldn't listen
the captain crunch was on a shelf out of her reach.
i was singing along with the radio
there were bugs outside
the sun was shining
i "forgot" her upstairs. never mind the fact that she was sleeping in her room when my alarm went off and i made my way downstairs.
i cut her mini pancakes in half when she wanted them kept whole so she could make a "pancake sandwich"
i left her mini pancakes whole so she could make a "pancake sandwich" when she wanted them cut in half.
liza was looking at her.
i offered her a brownie.
her sister tooted and it "scared her"
oh, laney. you keep me on my toes every second of every day. you are going to do great things, i just know it. we love you, laylay.
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
big things are happening at the tippins household…. liza girl has started walking!
i would love to say she took her FIRST steps towards me….but that's not the case. i had just flipped on mickey mouse and she popped right up and took off. liza loves her some mickey and minnie mouse!
libbi took her FIRST steps the day she turned 11 months old. laney waited a bit longer to take her FIRST steps - she was just shy of 13 months. and liza girl waited even longer and took her FIRST steps at 14 months.
i caught a quick video of one of liza's FIRST attempts. a small warning, you may want to turn the volume down. unless you'd like the dogs in your neighborhood to start barking in response to my high pitched scream. sorry…. i was excited :)
and of course i had to go searching for videos of my other girls' FIRST steps. i found libbi's, but couldn't find any of laney. so sorry, laylay. we do love you. and i know i have some sort of footage of your FIRST steps….somewhere. i'm just not sure where at the moment. just don't let this be the FIRST thing you bring up in therapy, mmmkay? ;-) #middlechildsyndrome
here's a small clip of libbi's FIRST steps.
again…. the volume. my screaming. apparently the excitement was just as great the FIRST time around as it was the second and third.
and even though i can't find the video of laylay walking - here's a picture of one of the FIRST times she stood on her own. i can't leave out this sweet girl. :)
it's going to be a busy month for the tippins girls!
happy october FIRST, friends!
Posted by Amy at 10:04 PM
Friday, September 26, 2014
i'm linking up with some fun blogs today to share some of my "friday favorites"…..
1. fall tv!! woo-hoo. i am SO happy that fall tv shows have started again. SVU is probably my favorite of the week - i set my dvr to record it since jeffrey was out of town on wednesday night and i can't bring myself to watch anything "scary" while he's gone - ha! instead i stick to educational programs like real housewives and teen mom.
2. i am loving these toms booties. the herringbone is adorable! i'm seriously considering them…. i just have to make myself buy them. for some reason i have no problem buying all sorts of precious little girl clothes, but when it's time to stock my own wardrobe, i always hesitate. i'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that i'm covered in food, babies, or other substances throughout most of the day. (also, shout out to laney for leaving a broken orange crayon in her pocket. in case you didn't know it, those things melt in the dryer. i have a (now orange) shirt to prove it.)
3. cool weather. can i get an amen?! i think i'm most excited that we won't have to endure any more 1000 degree soccer games on saturday mornings. thank goodness it's cooling off!
4. sweet little kindergarten handwriting. i love that libbi is phonetically spelling words. it just cracks me up. and i have to let you know that i do have secret talent…. i am fluent in phonetic writing. i can decipher almost any piece of kid writing. it's a gift. ;)
"my apples are juicy."
this is hysterical to me because while studying the five senses, i guess they did a "smell" experiment where they had to guess what was in a canister based on what it smelled like. it makes me laugh that libbi seriously guessed, "skunks" and "garbage" and believed that her teacher used those scents - haha!
5. another recent favorite is having libbi and her cousins at the same school. actually, my brother and sister in law are there, too. it's so much fun watching the girls attend events with their cousins (who they adore!) and even simple outings like ice cream after school are enough to make their little lives complete - ha! i love it!
in case you can't tell, that's libbi's "thumbs up, wink, cool kindergarten girl" pose. :)
last week's homecoming parade. don't worry, i think liza has forgiven me for not letting her sit with the big girls.
6. and what would a list of favorites be without these cuties?!
we've had a busy week, but these girls have been troopers! liza girl is trying her hardest to walk - she's allllllmost there.
laney had her tubes removed and handled it like a champ!
libbi passed her blue sight words at school, met her reading goal, and is just all around rocking at kindergarten.
i couldn't be prouder of all three of my girls!
have a great weekend, friends!
Posted by Amy at 10:45 PM