Thursday, October 22, 2009

Four Months...

Libbi Lou, my sweet, sweet are FOUR months old today!! I cannot believe how time flies! I love seeing how much you grow and change each and every day, but I am also a little sad that you are not my tiny little baby anymore....well, I guess you were never really all that tiny....but you know what I mean ;)

Here is a little bit about you on your fourth month of life:

You weigh around 16.5 the best of my measurements. We go to the doctor on Monday for your 4-month-check-up (and shots!) so I will update with the exact measurements after that....

You wear a size 2 diaper and most of your clothes are 6-9 months.

You are still a really good eater! You nurse anywhere from 6 - 7 times a day. You are pretty set on your every 3 hour schedule and you make sure I stick to it! During the week you take two bottles a day while you are at school with me. Right now our schedules are "in sync" so I am able to go down to your classroom and nurse you during my lunch. You take one bottle before that and one after that. As much as I would prefer to be at home with you and nurse you, I am thankful that I am able to spend my lunch time with you every day.

You have started school this month! You have seven new friends that you get to play with each and every day and two wonderful teachers that love on you while I am away. You were a little uneasy your first week and a half at school....and we only know this because you wouldn't poop! It was really kind of funny. You are usually VERY regular, but once you started school you would not poop while you were there! You would go right before we left the house in the morning and then again as soon as we got back in the car in the afternoon - ha! Needless to say, when I picked you up yesterday, you had on a new it's safe to say that your "jitters" are gone!

You are such a good baby! I'm sure everyone says this about their babies, but I really mean it! ;0) You are just little Miss Mellow (unfortunately you do NOT get that from me!) You are happy 90% of the time and the other 10% you are either hungry or have a dirty diaper. You hardly ever fuss and you will throw out a smile to anyone and everyone! You are content to play on the floor, sit in your bumbo, be held, or just watch your mobile in your crib. We are very blessed!

You laughed for the first time when you turned three months old and now you're a little giggle box! You laugh pretty much every day! We have found that you are SUPER ticklish....under your arms, on your neck, under your ribs, and behind your thighs! We can tickle you or blow raspberries on you and you will just squeal with laughter. I think I have chapped lips because I have blown sooooo many raspberries. You also love it when I talk in an accent....a middle eastern accent to be more specific. Do not ask me why, but this just cracks you up every time I say, "Leee-beee" so of course I do it about 50,000 times a day....hopefully you won't start thinking that's how your name is pronounced. =)

You are grabbing at everything now and of course it all goes straight to your mouth! You will grab handfuls of my hair and I have to pry your little fist open to get you to let go. When I am nursing you, you like to put your hand up on my chin...and then you just put your hand all over my's almost like you're studying me. You still have to stop and take breaks to smile and talk, and then you go right back to eating.

It appears that you and the ceiling fan have decided to go your separate've been giving him the silent treatment for weeks now and you've since moved on to bigger and better things...

You love to take baths. You just squirm and wiggle and swim all around. I always have to change clothes after I give you a bath because I end up soaking wet!

You talk ALL THE TIME! You seriously wake up babbling and go to sleep cooing and "humming" to yourself. You squeal and screech and grunt all day long. It's impossible to concentrate on anything else when you're in the same room, because we just end up listening to you and laughing. We call you "Mariah Carey" because you can really hit some high notes!

Libbi Jane you are the love of our lives and we thank God for blessing us with you each and every day! Your Daddy and I never cease to be amazed at how full our hearts are with love for you! Just as your name means "God's Promise" you remind me every minute of every day that the Lord fulfills His promise to give us the desires of our hearts, because being your momma was truly my heart's desire! My prayer for you in your fourth month of life is from the book of Numbers 6:24 - 26, "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."

I love you sweet girl and I am so blessed to be your Momma! Happy Four Months!

blog comments powered by Disqus