in honor of turning 15 months old (on saturday, august 11th) - here are 15 things you need to know about sweet laney james...
1. she hates (and i mean HATES!) having her diaper changed. it is a full on meltdown nine times out of ten. personally, i would think it would be welcome relief, but what do i know...?
2. she loves clean laundry. one of her favorite things is to dive head first or belly flop onto a big ole pile of clean laundry. she loves it when i dump out the basket of clean clothes onto the floor so i can fold them. she will make a beeline for that mountain of clothes and have her face buried in no time.
3. nesting cups are one of her favorite toys right now. she loves to stack and build things. surprisingly (and completely opposite of her sister) she does NOT really care for knocking the towers over after she builds them.
4. she weighs around 24lbs and is 30.5 inches long. she wears a size 5 diaper and mostly 18 month (a few small 24mo) clothes. she wears a size 4.5 shoe.
5. she can say mom-ma, dad-da, bye-bye, and hello (think elmer fudd: "he-woah"). she attempts to say no-no and uh-oh. other than that she just babbles....a lot! it sounds like she's saying "tickle tickle tickle" all the time. ;) we think she may be a little behind just because of all the ear infections she had early on. but now that those have cleared up and the tubes are doing their job (praise the Lord!) i'm sure she will be a chatterbox in no time.
6. she can wave bye bye, talk on the phone, operate the ipad (not kidding...wish i was!),
blow kisses, give high fives, point to her head, nose, eyes, and tongue. libbi is trying her hardest to teach her to give "knuckles" ;-)
7. cautious is not in her vocabulary. she is a daredevil though and through. her current favorite "trick" is to jump off the couch. seriously. it about gives me a heart attack. when there's pillows on the floor, she will face plant onto the pillows off the couch and laugh like crazy. otherwise, she just walks right off the edge of the couch like it's no big deal. but it is. and it makes me crazy.
8. sister is also tough as nails. (See #7) she can fall down, trip, get knocked over, or any other physical casualty and not bat an eye. there are times we see her fall and literally hold our breaths, just waiting for her to cry out in pain and she never does. but just look at her the wrong way or speak to her sternly and she is an instant puddle of tears. she may act tough, but she's all jello on the inside ;)
9. she takes one good nap each day. i usually try to hold her off so she and libbi can nap at the same time. but there are days she just can't hang with the big girls and she's out by 10am. she goes to bed by 7:30 each night and will typically sleep until 6:30 the next day. baby girl is an early riser.
10. i think (think) we've finally crossed over into the no crying zone on sunday mornings. we had a good streak going with hysterical tears and death grips at every nursery drop off, but it's been about 3 or 4 weeks now since there has been a meltdown. and even longer since we've been paged. whew!
11. she loves to be chased. sister can take off out of nowhere. but let's be clear....she does NOT like to be growled at (for example, being chased by a "dinosaur" or a "lion") that's the quickest way to end the game. saying, "i'm gonna getcha!" is enough to get her squealing and running like crazy.
12. if you leave the room whether it's for 2 minutes or 2 hours, she'll act like she hasn't seen you in ages when you return. it's the best feeling in the world seeing her face light up and having her run up to me like has missed me so much. even though i just went into the kitchen for some water. she does the same thing to libbi each time she wakes up from a nap or comes downstairs in the morning. it's one of my favorite parts of the day to see how excited she is to see her big sister.
13. she can give you the biggest smile or the sharpest glare. you just never know what you're going to get.
14. she has almost 16 teeth. there are about 4 that are not all the way cut through yet, but i can see the tips of them. i'm praying it will be soon, because she does NOT do well with teething. but, sister does love to eat. she could eat her weight in mandarin oranges and green peas. funny enough, i craved mandarin oranges BIG TIME while pregnant with her. :)
15. she brings more joy, more laughter, and more love into our lives with each new day. we are so blessed. we love you BIG laney james!! ;)